‘We’re all in this together’: ‘We’ve never seen anything like this before’

In a rare moment of unity, the Raleigh newspaper and its owner the owner of the Carolina Hurricanes, Pat McCrory, held a press conference Wednesday morning to announce a plan to turn the paper into a non-profit.

The press conference came after a meeting between McCrary and the mayor of Raleigh, Richard Constable, in which the mayor expressed his support for the paper, saying it was his goal to get it back on its feet.

“We have a lot of things we need to work on, but at the end of the day, we’re all together here today to make a change,” Constable said.

“And if we can do that, I’m all for it.”

The news was greeted with boos from the audience.

It was the second time the Charlotte-based newspaper has come under fire from the mayor in as many months.

Last month, he said the paper was “a cesspool of corruption” and said it was “the antithesis of the values of this city and this state.”

The mayor said he was “troubled” by the paper’s lack of transparency, which has become a source of frustration for many.

He said he will not allow it to remain “a mouthpiece for a handful of people who are intent on doing harm.”

The newspaper’s publisher, Mike McCollum, told reporters Wednesday that he did not know what McCrance would do with the paper.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen,” he said.

McCrory also said that the plan to donate the newspaper to the non-profits was in response to an earlier proposal by the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, which said it wanted to give the paper back to the city.

The city council rejected the proposal, saying the chamber was trying to “maintain the status quo.”

The council was set to vote on the proposal on Wednesday.